Econs' Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") is provided to give our customers and users a clear understanding of what Econs expects of them while using the
service. All users of Econs' Internet services: those who access some of our Services but do not have accounts, as well as those who pay a service fee to
subscribe to the Services, must comply with this AUP and our TOS (Terms of Service).
Use of Econs Service constitutes acceptance and agreement to Econs' AUP as well as Econs' TOS (Terms of Service)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: *All Payments To Econs Are Non-Refundable*
We support the uncensored flow of information and ideas over the Internet and do not actively monitor subscriber activity under normal circumstances. Similarly, we do not exercise editorial control over the content of any web site, e-mail transmission, newsgroups, or other material created or accessible over or through the services, except for certain proprietary Web sites. However, in accordance with our TOS (Terms of Service), we may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this AUP. Econs may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrongdoing. Your violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or immediate termination of either your Econs account or other actions as detailed in Section 3 WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
This document is intended to provide a basic understanding of Econs' Acceptable Use Policy. The following are guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of Econs' AUP:
- Ensure reliable service to our customers
- Ensure security and privacy of our systems and network, as well as the networks and systems of others
- Comply with existing laws
- Maintain our reputation as a responsible service provider
- Encourage responsible use of the Internet and discourage activities which reduce the usability and value of Internet services
- Preserve the value of Internet resources as a conduit for free expression and exchange of information
- Preserve the privacy and security of individual user
Econs intends to provide its customers access to everything the Internet has to offer. While the Econs is firmly committed to the principles of free speech, certain activities that may be damaging to the resources of both the Econs and the Internet and cannot be permitted under the guise of free speech. The resources of the Econs and the Internet are limited, and abuse of these resources by one user has a negative impact on the entire community.
We do not routinely monitor the activity of accounts except for measurements of system utilization and the preparation of billing records. However, in our efforts to promote good citizenship within the Internet community, we will respond appropriately if we become aware of inappropriate use of our service.
You may not use your dedicated rack or virtual site to publish material, which Econs.Net determines, at its sole discretion, to be unlawful, indecent or objectionable. For purposes of this policy, "material" refers to all forms of communications including narrative descriptions, graphics (including photographs, illustrations, images, drawings, logos), executable programs, video recordings, and audio recordings.
If a Econs account is used to violate the Acceptable Use Policy or our TOS, we reserve the right to terminate your service without notice. We prefer to advise customers of inappropriate behavior and any necessary corrective action, however, flagrant violations of the Acceptable Use Policy will result in immediate termination of service. Our failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time.
As a member of our network community, you must use your Internet access responsibly. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at email@example.com
VIOLATIONS OF Econs ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The following constitute violations of this AUP:
- Illegal use: Econs' services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. Econs reserves the right to
with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
- Harm to minors: Use of the Econs service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including, but not limited to child
Any server found to host child pornography or linking to the same will be removed from our network immediately without notice. Upon a second violation the server will be immediately terminated without notice. Severe cases can result in immediate termination. Any implication of underage content or misleading information perceived to be child pornography will result in the same penalties. All violations will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
Any server found to host "Lolita" type content or linking to the same will be given one hour to remove the offending content/domain. Upon a second violation the server will be removed from our network immediately without notice. Subsequent violations can result in the termination of the server without notice. Severe cases can result in immediate termination. Any implication of underage content or misleading information perceived to be underage content will result in the same penalties. All violations will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
- Threats: Use of the Econs service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages
bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment: Use of the Econs service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Fraudulent activity: Use of Econs service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any
type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes," "ponzi schemes," and "chain letters."
- Forgery or impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is
prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or
nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
- Unsolicited commercial e-mail / Unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM) Use of the Econs service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or
unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the offending Econs account.
- E-mail / News Bombing: Malicious intent to impede another person's use of electronic mail services or news will result in the
immediate termination of the offending Econs account.
- E-mail / Message Forging: Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through
the Econs service is in violation of this AUP.
- Usenet SPAMing: Econs has a zero tolerance policy for the use of its network for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements,
which violate the rules, regulations, FAQ or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list. Commercial messages that are appropriate under the rules of a
newsgroup or mailing list or that are solicited by the recipients are permitted.
- Unauthorized access: Use of the Econs service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt
to penetrate, security measures of Econs' or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system,
whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending Econs account is subject to immediate
- Copyright or trademark infringement: Use of the Econs service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting, hot linking,
directly linking or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but
not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other
copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collection of personal data: Use of the Econs service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties
without their knowledge or consent.
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity: Use of the Econs service for any activity which affects the ability of other people or
systems to use Econs Services or the Internet. This includes "denial of service" (DOS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference
with or disruption of other network users, services or equipment is prohibited. It is the Member's responsibility to ensure that their network is configured
in a secure manner. A Subscriber may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Subscriber
may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an
illegal or inappropriate manner. Unauthorized entry and/or use of another company and/or individual's computer system will result in immediate account
termination. Econs will not tolerate any subscriber attempting to access the accounts of others, or penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or
not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.
- Net Send Spam: The use of the net send utility to send unsolicited bulk communication is prohibited. This technique may result in
account suspension or termination. Violations of this policy carry severe penalties, including termination of service.
- Fraud: Involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person
receiving it will act upon it.
- Infringement of Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Trade Secret, or Intellectual Property Right: Distribution and/or posting of copyrighted
or the aforementioned infringements will not be tolerated.
- Distribution of Viruses: Intentional distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to
persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Such an offense will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
- Third Party Accountability: Econs subscribers will be held responsible and accountable for any activity by third parties, using their
account, that violates guidelines created within the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Violation Of Econs Virtual Accounts: It is absolutely forbidden to host pornographic content or IRC servers on Virtual Server
Accounts. Virtual Server Accounts found hosting this material will be subject to immediate cancellation without refund.
- IRC networks: It is absolutely forbidden to host an IRC server that is part of or connected to another IRC network or server. Servers
found to be connecting to or part of these networks will be immediately removed from our network without notice. The server will not be reconnected to the
network until such time that you agree to completely remove any and all traces of the irc server, and agree to let us have access to your server to confirm
that the content has been completely removed. Any server guilty of a second violation will result in immediate account termination.
- Domains Chargeback Resolution: If the charge for a domain or set of domains is charged back, Econs has the right to take control of
the domain or set of domains that was paid for by the disputed charge. Econs will change the domain account information as needed to take control of the
domain or set of domains. The user is not guaranteed to be contacted in the event that a chargeback is received.
- Peer to Peer Software (File Sharing): The use of Peer to Peer or file sharing software to permit the sharing, copying or distribution
of unauthorized copyrighted materialon the Econs service is prohibited. Use of suchsoftware could result in suspensionof service.
BEGINNING IMMEDIATELY, anyone hosting websites or services on their server that support spammers or cause any of our IP space to be listed in any of the various Spam Databases will have their server immediately removed from our network. The server will not be reconnected until such time that you agree to remove ANY and ALL traces of the offending material immediately upon reconnection and agree to allow us access to the server to confirm that all material has been COMPLETELY removed. Severe violations may result in immediate and permanent removal of the server from our network without notice to the customer. Any server guilty of a second violation WILL be immediately and permanently removed from our network without notice.
You are responsible for any misuse of your account, even if the inappropriate activity was committed by a friend, family member, guest or employee. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to your account. In addition, you may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server.
- Your password provides access to your account. It is your responsibility to keep your password secure.
- Sharing your password and account access with unauthorized users is prohibited. You should take care to prevent others from using your account since you will be held responsible for such use.
- Attempting to obtain another user's account password is strictly prohibited, and may result in termination of service.
- You must adopt adequate security measures to prevent or minimize unauthorized use of your account.
- You may not attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network or account. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account you are not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other networks. Use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security is prohibited. Examples of these tools include, but are not limited to, password guessing programs, cracking tools or network probing tools.
- You may not attempt to interfere with service to any user, host or network ("denial of service attacks"). This includes, but is not limited to, "flooding" of networks, deliberate attempts to overload a service, and attempts to "crash" a host.
- Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability. Econs will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations.
Econs accounts operate on shared resources. Excessive use or abuse of these shared network resources by one customer may have a negative impact on all other customers. Misuse of network resources in a manner which impairs network performance is prohibited by this policy and may result in termination of your account.
You are prohibited from excessive consumption of resources, including CPU time, memory, disk space and session time. You may not use resource-intensive programs which negatively impact other customers or the performances of Econs systems or networks. Econs reserves the right to terminate or limit such activities.
REPORTING VIOLATIONS OF Econs AUP
Econs requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP direct the information to the Abuse Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. If available, please provide the following information:
- The IP address used to commit the alleged violation
- The date and time of the alleged violation, including the time zone or offset from GMT
- Evidence of the alleged violation
E-mail with full header information provides all of the above, as do system log files. Other situations will require different methods of providing the above information. Econs may take any one or more of the following actions in response to complaints:
- Issue written or verbal warnings
- Suspend the Member's newsgroup posting privileges
- Suspend the Member's account
- Terminate the Member's account
- Bill the Member for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges
- Bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, cause by violations
REVISIONS TO THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Econs reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this AUP, our TOS (Terms of Service) and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted in accordance with our TOS (Terms of Service).